Sunday, January 14, 2007

January update

Well I came back from my holiday in Bosnia last Sunday. The holiday was great in spite of a few setbacks. The biggest one was the lack of snow upon arrival. This could easily be the worst winter ever when it comes to the amount of snow in the ski centres. however, not counting the snow issues, the holiday was great. We met some old friends of my dad and my aunt and uncle from Croatia were there as well. In the end it turned out we were lucky, it started snowing! I had two days of snowboarding left, which at the moment was enough for me...

When people think of Bosnia, most will think about the war and the landmines. This is ofcourse a very logical reaction. However here are some pictures that might help in getting a better image on the country.


Not too bad is it? I can say that the mountain areas of the country are really stunning, and is definately an area I would recommend everyone to visit.


This is the holiday house of Pero, my dad's cousin.


And to end the story for today a picture of me and sister, taken on the top of the mountain when the tracks were finally opened for snowboarding and skiing.

Next: The big trip to China (9 days left, and counting). It's coming really close now and I'm really looking forward to it. The next post will probably be from Macau. I hope I can find a decent place to post and upload pictures so I can give an impression of my new living situation.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan,

    ook een mooie blog :). We zien je inderdaad wel verschijnen over een maandje hier in Hong Kong. Wij komen wel een keer voor wat westers entertainment naar Macau :P.

    Groeten,
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete